The fort of Santa Cruz is located on Mount Murdjadjo at an altitude of 400m. It was built by the Spaniards between 1577 and 1604. It occupies a strategic location overseeing the bay of Oran offering great views of Oran and of its harbour. Next to the fort is the Santa Cruz chapel, which was built in 1847. Santa Cruz is accessible by road from Oran.
Page viewed 1557 times since 16.03.19
©Copyright Alfred Molon