The Plaza de Espana is a large semicircular square, bordered by buildings which continually run around the edge of the semicircle. It is located between the parks of Maria Luisa and Prado de San Sebastian, not far from the Guadalquivir river. The Plaza de Espana was built in 1928 for the Ibero-American Exposition of 1929 in neo-renessaince architectural style. A colonnade extends along the semicircular border of Plaza de Espana. Most buildings are nowadays used by the Andalusian government. The Palace of San Telmo is a historical building in Sevilla built in 1682 in Baroque style on the eastern bank of the Guadalquivir river. Nowadays it is used as the seat of the presidency of the Andalusian Autonomous Government. The university of Sevilla was founded as the Colegio Santa Marķa de Jesus in 1505. It is a top-ranked university in Europe.
Page viewed 17624 times since 21.09.11
©Copyright Alfred Molon