The Barrio de Santa Cruz is the ancient Jewish quarter of Sevilla. Located on the eastern bank of the Guadalquivir river, Santa Cruz extends to the east and encompasses several significant buildings and the tourist area of Sevilla with its alleys and restaurants. The cathedral of Sevilla was built between 1401 and 1519 on the site of a former mosque of the Almohad dynasty. La Giralda, a former minaret converted to a bell tower, is a famous landmark in Sevilla. The Real Alcazar is a royal residence built on the site of the palace of the Almoahd rulers.
Page viewed 16926 times since 21.09.11
©Copyright Alfred Molon