The tunnels in Cu Chi were initially dug by the Viet Minh in 1948 and subsequently expanded by the Viet Cong. They were used for storage and refuge and contained sleeping quarters, hospitals and schools. The tunnels were used as a basis for military operations against US and Southern Vietnamese forces during the Vietnam war. A small section of the tunnels has been opened for tourists.
Page viewed 29435 times since 16.07.2007
©Copyright Alfred Molon