The Helsinki central railway station is a well known landmark in central Helsinki. Originally built in 1860 it was rebuilt on a design by Eliel Saarinen in 1909, to accomodate the larger traffic volume. The station is mostly covered with Finnish granite, with its distinguishing features being its clock tower and the two pairs of statues holding the spherical lamps. 200000 passengers use the station every day.
Page viewed 15020 times since 23.03.10
©Copyright Alfred Molon