The Confucius temple (Kǒngzǐ Miào, 孔子廟 in Chinese) lies near the Bao-An temple in the Datong district of Taipei. Originally built in 1879, it was demolished during the Japanese period and rebuilt in 1928. The temple consists of a richly decorated inner court surrounded by walls and a hall in its centre. Outside the walls temple visitors hang wooden tablets with prayers and wishes.
Page viewed 9681 times since 17.06.13
©Copyright Alfred Molon