Between the end of the 18th and the middle of the 19th centuries Aleja Solidarnosci (solidarity avenue) and Plac Teatralny (theater square) were Warsaw's commercial and cultural centre. Several building in classicistic style, including the Grand Theatre, were built around 1820. The Branicki palace was built in rococo style in 1740.
Page viewed 44809 times since 03.08.2006
©Copyright Alfred Molon