The Święta Lipka sanctuary consists of a Roman Catholic basilica
within a fortified cloister with domed tower-like chapels, located in the small village of Święta Lipka in northeastern Poland, not far from the border to the Kaliningrad oblast.
The Polish cardinal Michał Stefan Radziejowski had the basilica built between 1688 and 1693 in baroque style. The fortified cloister surrounding the basilica was completed in 1708. The interior of the basilica is richly decorated and includes a moving pipe organ which was added in 1721.
Święta Lipka is a pilgrimage site and a holy shrine dedicated to the Virgin Mary.
How to get to the Święta Lipka sanctuary
The sanctuary can easily be reached by car. The closest airport is the one in Olsztyn which has flights to a few European cities.
There are a few hotels in the village of Święta Lipka, more in the region around it, all bookable via the international booking portals.