The Fin Garden, or Bagh-e Fin, is located about 6km from the centre of Kashan, along the road to the motorway to Tehran. The garden is about 130m wide and 180m long and is surrounded by a wall. Inside there is a large lawn with cypress and cedar trees, with a long rectangular pond with fountains in the middle. Water is sourced from a natural spring in a hill behind the garden. The Fin garden was complete in 1590 and is the oldest garden in Iran. It has been a UNESCO world heritage site since 2012.
Page viewed 3719 times since 10.03.15
©Copyright Alfred Molon