The Ali Qapu palace was built between 1592 and 1598 on the remnants of a previous era building. The name Ali Qapu, Turkic for "high gate", was given to it because it formed the entrance to the Safavid palaces on the Naqshejahan square. The palace is 36m high and offers a good view of the Naqshejahan square. On its upper level lies the music room, an anechoic chamber used for listening to music.
Page viewed 4135 times since 12.04.15
©Copyright Alfred Molon