The baroque Schleissheim Palace (German: Schloss Schlei▀heim) actually consists of three palaces (the new palace, the old palace and the Lustheim palace) and a large baroque park in the village of Oberschlei▀heim. Construction of the New Palace was begun under Max Emanuel in 1701-1704 based on designs by Enrico Zuccalli and completed from 1719 by Joseph Effner. The palace park is one of the rare preserved baroque gardens in Germany and was arranged by Dominique Girard, a pupil of Le Notre in 1720.
Page viewed 45886 times since 16.09.2006
©Copyright Alfred Molon