The Palais des Tuileries was a royal palace in Paris on the right bank of the Seine river. It was destroyed in 1871 in the upheaval during the suppression of the Paris Commune. The palace was never rebuilt and nowadays on its site is the Jardin de Tuileries park. The park continues until Place de la Concorde, a major square in Paris which forms the eastern end of the Champs Élysées. In the centre of the Place de la Concorde is an Egyptian obelisk and two fountains.
Page viewed 20612 times since 08.12.2008
©Copyright Alfred Molon