4km to the west of the German War Memorial lies the Italian War Memorial, built between 1954 and 1958 by the Italian government on a design of Paolo Caccia Dominioni. The complex is relatively large and consists of a small museum at the entrance and a hexagonal tower containing a chapel and the graves of the soldiers. Near the Itailian war memorial lies a monument for the Q33 point, a heavily fought after position during World War II.
Page viewed 17025 times since 02.04.12
©Copyright Alfred Molon